Charnwood 2011 : For Me

>>  Monday, August 08, 2011

Guiding and Scouting is for the children.  The adults are there for the children....mainly!
I have just come back from having the time of my life.  Of course it was for the children.  My daughter was there and it will be an experience that will stay with her for the rest of her life and I've seen a positive change in her since we've been back.
But beyond the children, it was the elixir I needed to take me back to a mental place I love to be in.
There is the companionship, the sense of a shared purpose, the desire to have fun linked with our shared promise.

I'm sure at some point I will tell you all about the activities the children and young adults did, how they grew their boundaries in a safe environment etc

But this one is about me. My happy place, my sense of belonging.

These videos show very little in terms of pictures but for me they capture the excitement and emotion of the last night.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP